Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Long Time Coming

It's been a while. But I haven't had much time (or energy) till now. Two new albums to talk about:

Billy Currington - Little Bit of Everything

I'm diggin' it. He brings a smoothness to country singing. He comes at country from a different angle with "Heal Me" and "Everything." He rocks it with "That's How Country Boys Roll." He longs for love that could have been in "Walk On." This was definitely worth the $12 I wasn't planning on spending.

John Mayer - Battle Studies

Has anyone else noticed that the initials for his new album are BS? Anyways, one friend of mine said it was "whiny." I think he's just showing more emotion. Whatever you think, JM has some awesome guitar tones and fabulous licks up and down the track listing. Immediate fave - "Assassin." I also love the feel of "Heartbreak Warfare."

Happy listening.

No comments: